Paternity Leave Is Almost Over...

It is absolutely insane how quickly time is going by...

My paternity leave is over when I'm back to work full-time on Wednesday, February 3.

When we informed the kiddos during dinner last night, Leo and Magnolia just replied with, "Okay, okay." or something to that extent. But it'll be harder for Kit to understand. Abby and I have taken on parenting duties together, that's all he knows, from the moment we picked up him on November 16. It'll have been 79 days.

I know that Abby will find a routine similar to what we're doing now, and that may be a transition in the short-term, but that things will settle in to just how they have been. Between doctor's appointments, and taking care of things since I've been not working, things have felt structured but also flexibile.

I'm just really thankful for the bonding time I've been given to be around as often as I have been for our little guy's time here at home, it is so essential.

SO! How have things been?

Good, really good! Kit has passed pretty much all medical exams with flying colors. Heart seems good. Nothing alarming has come up from blood work. He's putting on weight. We're very thankful for this, and the fact that Kit pretty much loves being a total ham at every type of appointment. Waving at the doctors. Blowing kisses in the mirrors.
With that, the ongoing saga of getting him services continues at a snail's pace where he needed to be evaluated to be evaluated (not a typo). Just a somewhat arduous step, but it took time away from getting Kit the services everyone knows he needed, but at least we're headed down the right path. He has qualified for an evaluation in everything, so on we go!

I'm excited to see what he can do with some very defined and specific teaching from professionals. He loves signing along with Rachel, Alex, Leah, and Hopkins via Signing Time, and tries ALL the signs (if he's not preoccupied by snack!). He starting to zip around more quickly, but shows no real desire to start walking...and gets really tired if Abby or I take his hands.

Here he is doing the 'snap' part of signing the word "dog."


It is so hard to believe it has only been 77 days since we picked Kit up from the orphanage, around 67 of those days being at home. And I'm so thankful I've been able to be around for that entire time and work for a company that, once I am back, gives me the flexibility to cover, or take some extra time, if needed. Thanks, MKG Marketing.

Comments

Popular Posts