english toffee peanut m & m's


Our dossier left for Bulgaria over a month ago and the MOJ/IAC has met three times and we have heard nothing.

The waiting is painful. I find myself needing any sort of distraction. Literally anything. Working out. Check. Finishing clock hours to keep my teaching certificate. Check. Reading. Check. Driving to 5 stores looking for English toffee peanut M & M’s. Check.

For Christmas Adam and I did not do presents for each other but did do stockings. For Adam’s stocking, I filled it with 10 kinds of M and M’s and we had a taste test. M and M’s are NOT my favorite candy and candy is not really my favorite sweet thing. BUT I guess I found my favorite candy during this little experiment. And as I drove to my 5th store a few Fridays ago looking for this specific M and M’s I realized how much I was trying to distract myself from my constant thoughts on getting travel dates.

I guess it's not the best way to distract myself but I also work out to distract myself and I can now do push-ups on my toes because I am so much stronger… so it's all about that balance. Right?

I guess it's a good reminder of what we are capable of. I am in fact capable of doing push-ups on my toes because I worked hard at it. I am certainly capable of finding my favorite candy if I put in the effort. Most certainly I am capable of waiting. Even though it is really hard.

And in case you are wondering I can only find English toffee peanut m & m’s at Walmart. And they only come in sharing size. And we all know that's a single serving.

Comments

Popular Posts